Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Someone Needs Their Blankie

So apparently some of you; or at least one of you; was offended by my previous post about dish washers. God forbid I offend anyone, but seriously, you can eat it! I said I wasn’t trying to sound callous and ended the piece by saying that occasionally one of those guys goes on to do great things. They are called examples for a reason and I’m sorry, but I don’t have too many stories about dish washers going above and beyond the call of duty or sharpening my knives without my asking. My old sous chef and I KNOW it was dish washer who used his knife to open a can…I KNOW a dish washer drank 20 beers during dinner service, I practically saw him do it…dropping my knife, I’m not so sure of. But judging by the number of times the dish washer/prep guy used to reach for my knife roll, there’s a pretty good chance I didn’t knock a chunk out of my own knife, forget and put it back.
In short, some of what you read might upset you…I probably wouldn’t be doing my job if some of it didn’t.

Update: Thursday, October 16, 2008.
Because I’m a man, and because my parents taught me to stand for what I believe and stand behind what I believe; from now on, if you want to post on this blog, you’re going to have to put your name behind any comments you want to leave here…anonymity breeds cowardice.

No comments: